In partnership with
A short course for those work would like to understand the theory & practice behind risk management applied within property.
This course is aimed at those working in or with property investment and real estate fund management, or those thinking of investing in real estate as an asset class or already have invested in real estate equity or debt. The course is also beneficial for those working for insurance companies investing across asset classes, or those working in fund administration, fund reporting and compliance.
The half day course is structured into 4 core modules designed to provide an overall knowledge of risk management practices, key principals and approaches used in real estate investment. It is focused on providing a deeper understanding of risk management practices in real estate investment, regulatory environment, defining key risk indicators for portfolio and investment management.
Taught by Nicole Lux, Cass Business School, PhD. Author of the handbook “Assessing real estate risk – applied models, concepts, methods”
What you will learn:
• Understand the basic principles of risk management for real estate
• Who is responsible for risk management
• How is risk management regulated in the industry
• Best practice and failures of risk management
Duration: ½ day, London
Price: £530+VAT standard price, discounted RE:Women members price £477+VAT
CPD Hours: 4
Maximum number of delegates: 10
Next Dates: Wedn 22 April & Wedn 8 July 1pm-5:30pm
What is risk management?
- Why is risk management important
- Causes of risk
- Responsibilities and key personnel
Risk management and regulation
- European regulatory environment
- AIFMD key areas
- AIFMD who is impacted
The risk management process
- Setting up risk management processes
- Key risk indicators
- Levels of real estate risk
Risk reporting and outputs
- Structuring of risk reporting framework
- Risk report outputs
- Action plan for portfolio management